Mazda World Forum banner

G'day

577 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  MazdaMonster 
#1 ·
Hi all, i own a few cars including 2x Mazdas. One is a 2002 323 sp20 hatch (133kms)and the other is a Mazda 2015 Maxx hatch. Im not a mechanic but have been tinkering with cars for over 30 years. I usually take the newer cars to the dealerships (stealerships) or qualified mechanics but add they get older i tend to have a go myself.
Last year i took my 2002 323 sp20 to my local mechanic to change the timing belt as a precautionary measure as i thought it best to get it done right. I recently performed a basic service and noticed severe oil leaking from the rocker cover gasket. I changed the rocker gasket and noticed the black plastic timing cover was broken at the bolt tabs and the edges along the sides were cracked and broken off. Also noticed cracking at the corners of the extruded plastic at the bottom. I proceeded to change the rocker cover gasket and also changed the spark plugs as they were due. The oil leak has been fixed but there is very slight rubbing on the plastic timing cover. Also car starts and runs ok but has a bit odd a rough idle after returning from around the block test drive. Arhh. Anyhow,
I was wondering were the best place (on line or otherwise) is to buy Mazda parts? I have had a quick look and found Jim's and amayama but wondering if there are any others? Im in Australia so local would be better for postage but happy to import if quality is good and cheaper. Thanks in advance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.