Mazda World Forum banner

soul red crystal paint 2018 cx5

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  aarons12 
#1 ·
Today a local paint expert showed me how cheap Mazda is, he showed me where Mazda did not paint the door jams the same color as the exterior paint color he said it saved them $300 on each cx5 I just wanted to ask if anyone else had this problem on their car I bought my 2018 cx5 2 months ago love car not so sure of the paint

#2 ·
Videoman71, I was googling the same issue and came across your post on this forum and joined up.

So, a brand new 2018 CX5 in Soul Red Crystal Metallic, apparently a spruced up colour on the G series compared to the previous models. What is the problem? Mazda has not hit Soul Red Crystal Metallic around the interior of every door sill/jam including the lift gate.

How in the *smile* can Mazda door this? The contrast is embarrassing and concerning how such a company that prides itself in quality can allow this to happen. Yeah saving money is one thing but in all my years of owning cars I have never seen such poor workmanship.

Anyone else have this issue or seen the contrast in paint colour at your local dealership?

Please take a look Mazda fans and report back. I have booked it in for my dealership to review the issue. I will report back with the crap they will spin.

#4 ·
Let's face it, us who bought CX-5's have now seen just how much Mazda "cheaped" on on the fricken things. Don't get me wrong, I love my CX-5, but it angers me that Mazda cheaped out on puddle lights under the mirrors, no footwell lighting, not even the option of ambient lighting, a center armrest that doesn't slide forward, android auto missing on models as late as a month ago, and on my particular model, no dials to close the center air vents whereas in some countries, they do in fact have them. It pisses me off that I must now retro fit most of this crap. On the plus side, at least I'll have video themes for my YouTube channel now to show people HOW to fit this stuff!
As for cheaping out on the paint job, mine is snow flake pearl white and I haven't noticed this on mine, but red is a color that will scream out where ever it wasn't applied properly or thinly.

#5 ·
This is great info. Every time a soul red mazda drives by my office, i drool. i am looking now for my next lease in spring 2020 and #1 on my list right now is the signature CX5. i had already pretty much decided that the soul red might be too much for me to drive all the time, but if there are also problems with it, that makes the decision even easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.