New to Mazdas--any issues with the CX-5 I should know about? - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New to Mazdas--any issues with the CX-5 I should know about?

Greetings!

I'm thinking about buying a new or lightly used (2018 or 2017) CX-5. Are there any issues/maintenence things that I should be on the lookout for? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:59 PM
Sal
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevix View Post
Greetings!

I'm thinking about buying a new or lightly used (2018 or 2017) CX-5. Are there any issues/maintenence things that I should be on the lookout for? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
I am 2019 CX5 owner and found the following important issues that matter to safety:

1. The driver seat is short with inadequate support to the thighs which makes for a very uncomfortable drive most of the time. I tried adjusting the backrest to see it that would help; no real improvement.

2. Heating and AC controls are positioned too low on the center console which makes the driver having to lean forward to reach but most importantly, forces the driver to take eyes of the road to a much greater degree than if the heating/AC control was closer to the top of the center console. This is a critically important safety issue as I already have had a couple of close calls
3. With below zero temperatures, the rear door wiper does not make proper contact with the door glass. This makes the wiper almost completely useless and makes it very difficult to see through the rear door glass using the rear-view mirror.

So be warned if you are considering getting a CX5. Maybe the problems I am having described above is limited to 2019 only, I don't know. Good luck.

Sal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page