I really use some help with my new CX-5 please - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really use some help with my new CX-5 please

Short story => Bought a used CX-5 2016 today - Chevy AutoNation so I have an iron-clad 5 day return on it. When reviewing CarFax it said it had a transmission replaced I'm concerned about

6/29/2015 - sold
9/13/2018 - Transmission computer / module checked & Transmission replaced - miles: 38,763
9/30/2019 - Offered for sale
11/20/2019 - I bought it - miles: 52k

QUESTION =>
How concerned should I be that a transmission had to be replaced after 38k miles or about 3-ish years? I've never had to do that before.
I've googled some transmission issues, and as with anything, it sounds alarming.
How likely has that problem been fixed with that repair? Am I likely to need to hassle with that again?
I'm going to try and contact the repair place and ask why it was replaced - I dont think I can contact the previous owners any way. They kept it another year - but now I'm curious why sell a car fairly early.

I'm not asking for guarantees or anything - just does anyone know if I should be really worried or not?

Thank you! Help!

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List