Mazda Forum

Mazda Forum (https://forums.mazdaworld.org/)
-   Site News and Announcements (https://forums.mazdaworld.org/92-site-news-announcements/)
-   -   [Members] Some ideas (https://forums.mazdaworld.org/92-site-news-announcements/50604-members-some-ideas.html)

Renboy 06-19-2004 04:17 AM

In light of recent events I've decided to post my thoughts on some actions that could make MazdaWorld better:

1) Beneath everyone's avatar, have the model, year, engine, and transmission type listed so that anyone trying to help has more information that they need to give advice. I've seen a lot of times posts that say nothing but: what year? what engine? is it a MTX or ATX?

2) I have two problems with the post count: firstly, someone with a very high post count may be confused by noobs to have a very high level of experience with cars, this we all know is not necessarily true. Secondly, it's the source of many problems with this site, which has very recently been proven. I don't think the post count should be eliminated altogether, it has become a very integral part of MW, I do hawever think that it should only be visible in members profiles rather than by every post.

3) Someone should be given Editor status and use that to go through old threads and delete the crap that's in them. I don't mean do them all in one sitting, but over time clean out threads that had potential to be very useful, but alas ended poorly.

That's all I can think of for now, if anyone has something to add, by all means post some more suggestions.

ShadowSE 06-21-2004 06:11 PM

1) that would be difficult as many people have different vehicles... it would be better to just suggest that members put that information in their signature...

2) post count means nothing, to a certain extent... whores are whores, just moving it to where you have to click to see it isn't going to help anything.

3) not really, what needs to happen is people need to start compiling the useful information into highly detailed and informative posts with the names of the contributors listed on the bottom or footnoted throughout the post. this post then needs to be put into sticky form or into a special technical section where members cannot post, only view.

the_saint 07-24-2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

not really, what needs to happen is people need to start compiling the useful information into highly detailed and informative posts with the names of the contributors listed on the bottom or footnoted throughout the post. this post then needs to be put into sticky form or into a special technical section where members cannot post, only view.

Quote:

I have two problems with the post count: firstly, someone with a very high post count may be confused by noobs to have a very high level of experience with cars, this we all know is not necessarily true. Secondly, it's the source of many problems with this site, which has very recently been proven. I don't think the post count should be eliminated altogether, it has become a very integral part of MW, I do hawever think that it should only be visible in members profiles rather than by every post.

I agree with these 2 points

///BHRpowered 07-24-2004 01:24 PM

1. People's rides change, as well as many members having more then on car. In addition, by default many members list such things in there sig.

2. I have never said that a high post count means you know more about cars. I have certainly learned alot more about cars from my time spent on the boards as I'm sure many have. Again, nothing to do with a post count. A post coutn is like a big tree ****, instead of the rings you measure posts to gain age and go nads.

3. Isn't this exactly what moderators are for?

roofadoofalus 07-24-2004 11:55 PM

high post count = intelligence

seldomseen 08-04-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ShadowSE@Jun 21 2004, 06:11 PM
1) that would be difficult as many people have different vehicles... it would be better to just suggest that members put that information in their signature...

2) post count means nothing, to a certain extent... whores are whores, just moving it to where you have to click to see it isn't going to help anything.

3) not really, what needs to happen is people need to start compiling the useful information into highly detailed and informative posts with the names of the contributors listed on the bottom or footnoted throughout the post. this post then needs to be put into sticky form or into a special technical section where members cannot post, only view.

:lol:

Skiusa2005 08-05-2004 06:44 PM

this thread started with the best of intentions, but as has been proven time and time again...........

Renboy,

#1, I agree with shadow...simply suggest member include that information in their sig.

#2, I agree with shadow...whores will ***** and talk about post count regardless of how easy it is to view....though, they would probably reference member ID number as a form of noob status if post count were not available.

#3, thats what mods are for. Now, there are so many threads here that it would be simply impossible to do what you've listed. On a side note, the same topics always resurface because a new member will ask a question that recieved many responses last time. This means, the answer to someones question is proabably only a few pages back.

It may seem easy to seperate the BS from the good stuff, but trust me its hard, especially when you sign on the next day and the thread you previously had worked on is all polluted again.

dark angel 08-05-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by skiusa2004@Aug 5 2004, 05:44 PM
this thread started with the best of intentions, but as has been proven time and time again...........

Renboy,

#1, I agree with shadow...simply suggest member include that information in their sig.

#2, I agree with shadow...whores will ***** and talk about post count regardless of how easy it is to view....though, they would probably reference member ID number as a form of noob status if post count were not available.

#3, thats what mods are for. Now, there are so many threads here that it would be simply impossible to do what you've listed. On a side note, the same topics always resurface because a new member will ask a question that recieved many responses last time. This means, the answer to someones question is proabably only a few pages back.

It may seem easy to seperate the BS from the good stuff, but trust me its hard, especially when you sign on the next day and the thread you previously had worked on is all polluted again.

tell us something we DON'T know... :D

seldomseen 08-05-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by skiusa2004@Aug 5 2004, 06:44 PM

Renboy,

i luv mazdaworld! :lol:

///BHRpowered 08-06-2004 10:34 PM

no one seems to use the search