hall of fame thread... - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was serious about my suggestion. Why was that thread closed? I know Audiworld has a hall of fame post thread. We should have one as well. Nobpdy can post in the thread except for the mods, who will take our greatest posts and put them in a single thread for all to see. I don't see any reason why we can't do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:39 AM

describe it better and maybe shayaan will do it...no promises...lol

good luck with this...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

if one made a post that a mod considered to be rahter funny (members could possible PM mods with what they think are great posts as well), then a mod would cut and paste that post to a thread (most likely in the lounge). I see no problem with this at all. this could actually help membership as well. for example, if for some reason zmarko made a witty comment (i know, very unlikely) in the tribute section, his post would be shown in the lounge as well. this would perhaps interest members towards the tribute section, which is a section that doesnt get fequented very often. and vise versa. zmarko might then begin posting in the lounge (insert rude comment here.) i think shaayan should do this. if we have a friggin "longest thread ever, which was created by a MOD, then why cant we do this? but for it to be ideal, only mods can make the posts, and us "regulars" cannot reply to the posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 01:08 AM

The site isn't about getting traffic from members throughout the site. from the millenia to the tribute section for example. It is supposed to be an informative site where someone can pop in and ask a question and get a reply. It isn't supposed to a be a chat site.

For your idea to work it would require members to make sure they submittted the posts to the mods becasue the mods don't have time to go looking for such posts. Would members be willing to do this?

If you think this is a good idea please let us know here, just a yes or no will do or perhaps some clarification or improvements. Don't ***** this thread or it will be deleted again.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

i would assume that the mods read most threads, as they delete/move crap posts. if a mod can tell the difference between a good post and one that needs to be deleted, then a mod can also determine a post worthy of the hall of fame. but you are correct, for this idea to work best, there would have to be support from the members. the comment you say about this forum not being ideal for traffic between forums, why can't it be?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 01:40 AM
the_saint

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
the comment you say about this forum not being ideal for traffic between forums, why can't it be?

thats a good question roof

Quote:
It is supposed to be an informative site where someone can pop in and ask a question and get a reply

But the problem is the forums that get less traffic from members/mods are filled with unanswered questions.The mods don't go there nor do members so if this site is about information should not mods of a particular section do a better job of answering question.... Who would want to join a site and ask a question, when they see a question from 3 months ago still has not been answered.

roof sorry to say it but i don't think shayaan would do a hall of fame
reason being

1. no mod is going to look at/through threads they normal stick the the louge and millenia section.
2. no mod is going to look through a bunch of pm'ed post in order to put it in the hall of fame.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

i think they should. it would be a great way to admire the great posts of the past
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:32 AM

Quote:
. no mod is going to look through a bunch of pm'ed post in order to put it in the hall of fame.
that isn't true, if it was something members really wanted then I would do it. I take my responsibility here very seriously and If there is something members want done I will do everything I can to do it.

Unfortunately it isn't up to me to just add new sections to the site.

As for the traffic comment. I think you have to remember that this site is supposed to be an informative knowledge base. Theoretically there shouldnt' be a lounge or GTGB or any off topic posting whatsoever. It is supposed to be a site where one can come to seek help with their mazda's. I AM GLAD IT ISN'T LIKE THAT. I like the community here but I think that trying to get members who have a millenia or a 929 to post in the tribute section might not help overall, look what happens now, it just turns to whoring. With time we will grow just as we have been doing so far and all the sectioins will become busier. Just look at the 6 and 3 sections and how they have grown since I've we've been members here.

Roof, no-one knows what the answers are to really make a website or forum great, but I truely think we are on to something here with this community. And if other members think a hall of fame is a good idea, and if shayaan agrees, then I will do whatever you ask of me to make it work. That is why I'm here. I am not going to defend the idea or put it down, it is up to the other members and ultimately Shayaan.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 07:55 AM
reality1011

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I think that it would be a good Idea but I dont know what the requirements would be for the mods to put a post into the hall of fame..... sometimes single posts are funny, but funny to the thread they are on when they are read by themself they are way out in left field next to the red sux winning the series....

hey roof ..... cite an example for the hall of fame.....
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

i cant think of one off the top of my head. i would imagine that the posts that some members put in the signature could be a start. a lot of the posts i speak of are now in gtgb, and were posted before pages and pages of crap (i am not innocent for that crap.) bhr's fat girls thread had a good post to start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page