[Layout] BOOOO what happened tothe sub forums ? - Page 2 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Gold Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ShadowSE Send a message via MSN to ShadowSE Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowSE
Quote:
Originally posted by 9ine Deuce@Mar 8 2005, 01:25 AM
Exaclty, about 2% of my post are prolly considered post *****, now if we could all keep that bullshit to a minimum maybe he wouldnt of had to do this, This is the BEST English all around Mazda forum on the net, can we represent a little better here...
[snapback]254162[/snapback]

if only 2% of the posts were ***** posts... that would only be about 5k out of the 222,000 or so...

i assure you, that percentage of actual whored posts is MUCH larger...

1993 Acura NSX
1988 Mazda RX-7 10th Anniversary Turbo II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Member

i said about 2% of mine...

others are at 50% + not to call out any names though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

89' series I 929 sedan 5spd/SOHC/252,000kms/maroon mica metallic/929S tan leather - officially retired 02'-09' RIP
90' series II 929S sedan/DOHC/108,000kms/tranquil blue mica metallic/dark blue leather - For Sale
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Mazda Newbie

the problem I have is that it seems to me like its because of the time it takes to mod. I say bullshit. the problem is that except for maybe malice, we don't have true full time mods. people take 6 month vacations at a time, duncan and ski do a really good job but who knows when they'll be around.

sounds to me like we need to crack the whip

I am banned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member

i do not advocate whipping our members

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I like to spend most of my time in the old Millenia Technical Help section. I didn't have any interest in the Appearance Modification or the Performance Modification section. And the regular Millenia section gets all whored out. I'm sure there are also people that are only interested in Appearance or Performance, and don't care about other subcategories.

Problem is I now have to weed through a bunch of stuff I have no interest in to get to topics I am interested in.

Also, when someone has a true serious technical problem and they post it in the technical section, then people stick to the topic and help solve the problem. The way it is now, the person that has a true problem (and may be unable to drive) is lumped into all the BS posts. Then the person doesn't get near as much help with the problem they are having, because the post gets pushed way down because of all the BS that lumps on top of it.

Also, searching for a real problem is much easier when limiting the search to the technical form. Otherwise, you get a lot of whored out crap in your search results.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Silver Member

I agree 100% mazda-fla. You are one of the people in the Millenia section that gives insightful posts that actually help people resolve their problems. Now you may be discouraged to post since the threads will more than likely be whored to death.

2000 Millenia 2.5L
Riceless

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Silver Member

One thing I would like to add that I forgot to mention is that Malice has been doing a much better job keeping things in line in the Millenia section, but the whoring still exists.

2000 Millenia 2.5L
Riceless

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Gold Member

Send a message via AIM to dmeetro
i agree with mazda-fla completely while it may not be as bad in the 929 section but it would be nice to have one section where the only threads are the ones with problems resolved This section should also have strict rules about whoring. And it makes searching WAAY easier i made a write up on how to rebuild the motor mounts on a 929 and yesterday i tried searching for it and it was on the bottom of the 2nd page of the results . This post has everything needed to fix a problem some people might have. And new members that might be struggling with wil lnever find this post. It really makes me sad because can you imagine how hard it would be to find anythign else? I really hope we get some sort of a place where we can read about how to fix our cars. Its really annoying having usless posts take up the priority of the board. And lets face it the whoring will never stop, its inevideable, all we can do is just not ***** ourselves and keep the threads on topic.

'01 Ram 3500 5.9 auto
'93 SHO 3.2 mtx

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via MSN to Duncan Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan
Quote:
Originally posted by dmeetro@Mar 8 2005, 03:51 PM
i agree with mazda-fla completely while it may not be as bad in the 929 section but it would be nice to have one section where the only threads are the ones with problems resolved
If you're referring to the 929 section (and I think you are), I'm working on something like that right now.

Quote:
This section should also have strict rules about whoring.
It will.

Quote:
And it makes searching WAAY easier i made a write up on how to rebuild the motor mounts on a 929 and yesterday i tried searching for it and it was on the bottom of the 2nd page of the results . This post has everything needed to fix a problem some people might have. And new members that might be struggling with wil lnever find this post. It really makes me sad because can you imagine how hard it would be to find anythign else?
I know, I realize this, and you'll see once I get it worked out.

Quote:
I really hope we get some sort of a place where we can read about how to fix our cars. Its really annoying having usless posts take up the priority of the board.
You have no idea...

Quote:
And lets face it the whoring will never stop, its inevideable, all we can do is just not ***** ourselves and keep the threads on topic.
[snapback]254311[/snapback]
Best advice I've heard in a while. Getting people to FOLLOW IT is the tough part.

2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 - "Ella"
1989 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4.0 Litre - "Amy"
For interesting insights about license plates...check out
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via MSN to Duncan Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan
There, finished. Check out the new 929 Known Issues Guide.

2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 - "Ella"
1989 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4.0 Litre - "Amy"
For interesting insights about license plates...check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page