Help needed: publshing book about Mazda, adventures, cars & science - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help needed: publshing book about Mazda, adventures, cars & science

Hello everyone,

My name is Ost Neer. I'm a young PhD and car blogger.

Not so long ago I finished a book of articles about cars and science. My Mazda is one of the central heroes of this book. Therefore, I wonder whether you are in a position to help me with publishing this book. And promote the Mazda brand.

In my free time, I run Academic Driving blog about cars and science on The Drivetribe platform. What I do is I explain / popularize science - politics, economics, philosophy, sociology, physics, astronomy, etc - on automotive examples. All articles which I post on the blog receive positive feedbacks with 2-10,000 people reading them per week. My renown commentators and readers are James May and Richard Hammond from The Grand Tour.

I also cooperate with an artist, Mattew Parsons, who draws unique illustrations to each of my articles. At this moment we have posted over 50 articles all of which are properly illustrated.

I did my best to contact a number of literary agents / publishers in the UK who'd be theoretically interested in working with my book. The response was "no". The explanation was "because it's not the mainstream". In other words, writing about cooking and dating gives you many more chances to be published.

I also tried contacting the Mazda PR offices in Europe. No response so far.

I would like to stress again: my book is full of infortainment / educational articles which discuss curious scientific and social phenomena. My aim is to popularize social sciences on "simple" examples which are automobiles and automotive culture in general. If interested, google for Drivetribe and Academic Driving (the name of my blog)

From what I can see on the market, no other authors publish anything similar. However, something similar may be discovered on youtube. There is a number of channels there which popularise science: Vsause, PBS Space Time, Seeker, Joe Scott, Real Engineering and others.

Now, do you have any ideas on how to publish this book? Do you have any suggestions whom I should contact?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Your interest and help are priceless!

P.S. The sketch attached will become a part of the book cover
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Ray 323 Sized.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	9081  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page