DC area, please read - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you are searching for an RX-8 in the DC area, definitely avoid Brown's Mazda of Alexandria. Here's my sad tale:

Went in Monday night and spent nearly two hours negotiating a price for an RX-8. It was a very good price (from my perspective). The car arrived two days later, so I headed over to pick it up. After I finished my PDI, the manager came over and said that the price we had previously agreed upon was too low and that I would have to pay them $500 more to take delivery. Naturally, I told them what they could to with that -- so it looks like I'll be going with an RSX. But if you negotiate with Brown's, realize that they are totally dishonest and feel no obligation whatsoever to honor the agreed upon price (which I have in writing -- hello lawsuit!!). Until you actually get the keys, their offers are worthless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 09:57 AM

rx8 to rsx!?

when buying a mazda in no.va. always deal with brandon at fairfax mazda. just tell him seldom sent you.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 09:58 AM

rx8 to rsx!?

when buying a mazda in no.va. always deal with brandon at fairfax mazda. just tell him seldom sent you.

btw where in the **** is mazda, alex?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 12:50 PM

my buying experience there was ok but their service department stinks......and after three months still don't have license plates or title (paid cash)......as soon as they come in I'm outta there.........can't wait to get my hands on the Mazda evaluation letter.... sorry about this double rant........btw, who was your salesperson there and manager?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

It'll be a Type-S -- not as much fun, but more practical, less expensive, and it I won't have to deal with any Mazda dealers!! (think I'm bitter??).

At Brown's, the salesman I dealt with was Samson Tema, who was very low-key. I actually kind of feel bad for him because he looks like a jerk when it was really the decision of his superiors. The original manager who approved the deal was named "Kurt" (didn't get his last name). I didn't get the name of the manager who breached the contract and attempted to fleece me for the extra $500 -- I guess I was too po'ed at the time.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 02:07 AM

WHAT, ARE YOU MAD, RSX. you turn your ass around and go to browns Fairfax mazda. I'v also dealt with brian, but you can also deal with tim(I think thats his name) he's like 6.9 with blonde hair, can't miss him. I'v never had a single problem there, sales or service. I don't know who you guys find all these bad places, I'v never had problems. oh btw, if you get service there (which I recommend) go with either dave or greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page