mx-6 vs protege - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alright, i have gotten myslef into mazda and my next car very well might reflect this. originally i was planning on some type of sport compact (ie mx6) for < 8 grand. i was looking for mainly fun to drive but also some interior comfort and realibility.

then the protege became an option (as the most fun to drive economy car) when i found out that i might not be allowed to get anything overtly sporty for concern over my saftey(i am 17). this is where the protege started to look good. it also is more practical and should last me longer (if for no reason other than it would be a newer car that was less likely to be driven hard).

i could probably get an mx6 but the protege still reamains a option.

how would a 00 es stack up against a lets just say a 96 ls in terms of fun to drive. i haven&#39;t test driven yet but i plan to get stick in either car. i know there is a huge power/acceleration difference but there is more to fun to drive than that. i have heard people say the protege is more fun to drive than a bmw (i didnt take them seriously of course). i am assuming the mx-6 would be more fun, but by how much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MazKid
The LS has the 2.5L V6, which is a great engine, but keep in mind that it takes premium gas. It&#39;s a fun car, but more luxury compared to the Probe GT of the same era(2nd gen), which IS a Mazda. I believe the Probe is a fair amount lighter, and a fair amount quicker because of that. Also the Probe has a hatch which is very good for hauling stuff, whereas the MX-6 has a normal trunk.

The Protege is a great car too, in terms of reliability and longevity. But it&#39;s 35hp slower(but wheighs less), and doesn&#39;t have the sportyness of the MX-6/Probe.

Hope that helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 Protege LX & 1994 Miata Package-A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

The Protege:
Familia GT-X front bumper, Miata 16" wheels with 205/45R16 Toyo Proxes FZ4, &#39;98+ Mazda CD/radio,
, MX-3 steering wheel center, MX-3 leather shift boot,
, RX-7 AFM/cone filter, Pacesetter Header, 2.5" custom mandrel piping with Midas high-flow cat/Magnaflow muffler, Millenia leather e-brake boot, Xenon headlight bulbs.
The Miata:
Jackson Racing high-flow converter, &#39;98+ Mazda CD/Radio, &#39;98+ 626 parking brake handle & leather boot, Millenia horn(only 1 right now).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page