Mazda 3 BM Help with Installing Electric seats from Mazda 3 sp25 GT to standard Sp25 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mazda 3 BM Help with Installing Electric seats from Mazda 3 sp25 GT to standard Sp25

Hi everyone am a newbie and would like some advice in some upgrades I would like to do with my 2014 BM series 1 3 SP25 . Firstly I understand this forum is international and grades of Mazda 3 and their names may differ in other countries . So briefly I will explain . In Australia we have 3 grades of 2.0 Mazda 3 and 3 grades of 2.5 Mazda 3 known as Sp25 . I own a 2014 series 1 6 Spd manual standard . Mazda 3 Sp25 . The next grade up is called the Sp25 GT and top is called SP Astina . I bought mine new and was considering the GT but was a 3 mth wait and needes straight away so I got the standard one. 4 years on they are starting to be common at the wreckers and parts on EBay Etc . So my plan is is to pretty much turn it into a GT . From new the differences are . GT has leather heated electric seats . Bose stereo . Different instruments with tacho in middle and digital speedo . Upgraded headlights . Head up display . I think that’s it . I recently purchased a full leather interior from a GT . I am reasonably mechanically minded and should have no problem installing the seats . I haven’t got them yet but have checked the plug under my seat and it looks identical( went to a car yard ) with some wires that appear to not be used with my cloth manual seats . Also I wasn’t able to get at this stage the different climate control panel which contains the switch for the heated seats . My car does have the same climate control as upper grades but panel above is missing buttons for heated seats .

So here’s my questions and any help would be greatly appreciated .

1. If I just take out the current seats bolt in the new ones and plug in the plug to the existing plug will the electric seats just work .

2 . Do I need to add in any relays or fuses. As my car did not come with electric heated seats .

3. Assuming they will work with or without the possible addition of a fuse or relay will there be a fault code as the heated seats won’t be connected to the dash switch . ( I don’t have ) . And is there a way around this like isolating the heated wiring on the seat and not connecting it to the plug .

4 . In regards to the bose amp , where does it sit In the car . if I bought one does it connect up easily . What do I need to do ?

5 . Will the dash off the GT model work with my standard Sp25 . I won’t be worrying about the head up display so again will this cause a fault code to come me up through the ECU .

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Michael from Melbourne Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page