Mazda 6 Steering Problems? - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down

Before you think my message title suggests that I'm driving while loaded, think again.

Recently purchased a Mazda 6 and I've noticed that it abnormally pulls to the right while driving. Seems Mazda has learned that this is a problem with the 4cyl. models and they're working on a fix at the moment. I'd like to know if anyone else has been experiencing this problem and, if so, were you able to find a solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 08:47 AM

Mine pulls to the left.

I had the dealership adjust the alignment (camber and toe-in) before a trip to Canada and I still notice it. On the left lane of highways, it pulls to the left and I'm constantly holding the steering wheel a bit to keep it straight. On the right lane, it tends to track straight as it's turning against the slant and goes straight.

But, on perfectly flat lanes, it tracks straight, too.

Maybe an overagressive tendency for the steering to remain on-center?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Mazda Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mazda6gal
Mine pulls to the right but i think i need and alignment.. Boston Potholes....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by conjur@Dec 30 2003, 08:47 AM
Mine pulls to the left.

I had the dealership adjust the alignment (camber and toe-in) before a trip to Canada and I still notice it. On the left lane of highways, it pulls to the left and I'm constantly holding the steering wheel a bit to keep it straight. On the right lane, it tends to track straight as it's turning against the slant and goes straight.

But, on perfectly flat lanes, it tracks straight, too.

Maybe an overagressive tendency for the steering to remain on-center?
mine (-6s-) was pulling to the left and i had the dealer do the alignment...after that the situation is exactly the same...but i just go used to it
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Mazda Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Stephs04six
I have a brand new six and I have started to notice that it pulls to the right.... not drastically but enough... I have 4000 miles....
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Slabjacker@Dec 26 2003, 08:41 PM
Before you think my message title suggests that I'm driving while loaded, think again.*

Recently purchased a Mazda 6 and I've noticed that it abnormally pulls to the right while driving.* Seems Mazda has learned that this is a problem with the 4cyl. models and they're working on a fix at the moment.* I'd like to know if anyone else has been experiencing this problem and, if so, were you able to find a solution?*
I had the pulling problem to the left and right (depending on the road). I went to the dealer and after 3 alignment "sessions" and a contact with Mazda Canada, they said that it may be because of the low profile tires. I did not buy that, but just to make sure, does any of you have a regular tire?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Mazda Newbie

the mazda 6 front suspension is completly unique.the only mazda with a lower double balljoint design.this type of suspension design drives the vehicle according to road grade.if you havent damaged the suspension due to hitting curbs or pot holes,etc.then your problems are99%normal.or better.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Mazda Newbie

Send a message via AIM to g-cubed
yes, hotshot4 you are right. Your car will pull, its part of the way it drives and the quality of the handling. The double ball joints are also responsible for you huge turning radius too :P The car will go where ridges or uneven parts of the road take it. You actually have to drive this car, instead of just letting it go straight, but hey, you enjoy the awesome responsiveness and handling right?! I personally love the feedback the car gives

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lapis Blue 6s
Comfort, Sport, Bose, Leather, Sport Grill,
Eibach Pro Kit, Injen CAI, 35% tint
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Silver Member

My 2004 6s doesn't pull at all. In fact the suspension works perfectly just about all the time. I doubt your problem is a design flaw since so many magazine road tests find the same result as I have. I have 2k miles on mine now and this is one of the best handling sedans I have driven. And that statement includes an Acura tl and cl type s in the family for comparison.

2004 Mazda 6s manual
2003 Hyundai Sonata V6
1967 Buick Skylark
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pulling Right

Hi All,

Have had a Mazda 6 sport Estate now for about 18 months. Noticed strong pulling to the right even up hte camber as I drove away from the showroom. Had the dealer check the tracking and set up on laser jig several times with no faults found. Dealer siad he'd never heard of this as a problem. I've sort of got used to it now, but it still pulls right abnd reacts sharply to any rut groove or bump in the road. I can handle it, but really don't like it. In every other way the cars been superb, great performance and economy (I got the 180 bhp 2.2 deisel sport), roomy comfortable, although the driving seat could support the legs a little more.

Reading on here that others have had similar problems I'm very dissapointed that even Mazda themselves told me that they had never heard of this rpoblem before. If they had told me what I have read on here I wuold have been a lot happier and would have saved their dealer and myself alot o ftime in visits and phonecalls trying to sort it out!

Over all great car though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page