Buying Mazda 6 soon, any problems? - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey guys,

I know this topic has probably been beaten to death and I've spent the last 3 hours reading the entire forum it seems that the Mazda6 seems to have plenty of problems. My family is thinking about purchasing a Mazda6 in the near future, and now that I've read about some of the problems I'm starting to have second thoughts. So basically, I'd like to hear some of your opinions about the Mazda6 (problems, etc). Also, if we are to purchase do you guys think we should buy a new 2006 or a 2005? Thanks for your help and all opinions are welcome!

-Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well my husband bought his Mazda 6, new in 2004 and all recall work was done and it only had 11 miles on it and they even had authorize after market work done for him. Depending where you are and how good the dealership is when it comes to maintence will make a differnence. The only thing he did after getting the car was put an after market tranny cooler and change the transmission fluid out to semi synthetic. He does this because we travel alot (military). I have a 2002 626 and I did the same as soon as I got my car, I keep up with my regular maintence, but hey my friends all got more expensive car than me about the same time, one ended up turning hers in "lemon law" another with a Camery, ended up putting a tranny cooler on hers for the same reason to save the transmission. My co-worker just had his Passet at the dealership for some major work done and his car was there for about 3 weeks. Just from paying attention to all my neighbors we all have something to do to our cars on way or another, it just denpends on the maintence and any other knowledge you can get from sites like these.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
some new update 8/04/05

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Silver Member

Recalls/MSP's/SSP's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=37

TSB's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=36

MRI's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=39

CRP's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=38

A new 06 will have almost all the problems ironed out from the first three links. CRP's are commonly reported problems, (from owners), which have yet to be addressed in a mazda TSB or MRI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Thanks for all your help guys.. after reading all that stuff definitely boosted my confidence and in fact we actually went out and bought the car tonight. White Mazda 6S with grand touring package fully loaded!! Look forward to being a regular on this site....thanks again
-Patrick
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to malice4you Send a message via Yahoo to malice4you
congrats on your purchase...enjoy your new baby

S[/b]
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Mazda Newbie

this is a forum, which means the people that have problems will first turn the internet, its a very good car, just remember that when first introduced ANY car will have little issues designers couldn't have predicted for

I am banned.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Mazda Newbie

I believe this forum is intended to address all the problems Mazda6 have, so we can get solutions. If you go to a Honda Accord forum, you will see a lot of problems listed there too, although it's a very reliable sedan.

I suggest you go ahead and buy it, Mazda6 is very fun to drive and it handles like a sports car.

Quote:
Originally posted by patricklee88@Nov 11 2005, 10:28 PM
Hey guys,

I know this topic has probably been beaten to death and I've spent the last 3 hours reading the entire forum it seems that the Mazda6 seems to have plenty of problems. My family is thinking about purchasing a Mazda6 in the near future, and now that I've read about some of the problems I'm starting to have second thoughts. So basically, I'd like to hear some of your opinions about the Mazda6 (problems, etc). Also, if we are to purchase do you guys think we should buy a new 2006 or a 2005? Thanks for your help and all opinions are welcome!

-Patrick
[snapback]321602[/snapback]
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Mazda Newbie

I believe this forum is intended to address all the problems Mazda6 have, so we can get solutions. If you go to a Honda Accord forum, you will see a lot of problems listed there too, although it's a very reliable sedan.

I suggest you go ahead and buy it, Mazda6 is very fun to drive and it handles like a sports car.

Quote:
Originally posted by patricklee88@Nov 11 2005, 10:28 PM
Hey guys,

-Patrick
[snapback]321602[/snapback]
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow View Post
Recalls/MSP's/SSP's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=37

TSB's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=36

MRI's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=39

CRP's
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=38

A new 06 will have almost all the problems ironed out from the first three links. CRP's are commonly reported problems, (from owners), which have yet to be addressed in a mazda TSB or MRI.
Thanks dude, At least, I am now aware of the problem and can keep a periodic check on it. Appreciate your assistance.

Last edited by atashashane@hotmail.com; 10-13-2010 at 03:38 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 05:03 AM
Mazda Newbie

Depending where you are and how good the dealership is when it comes to maintence will make a differnence. The only thing he did after getting the car was put an after market tranny cooler and change the transmission fluid out to semi synthetic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page